Tuesday 22 April 2014

Evaluation- Question 3: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research,planning and evaluation stages?




I used my Nikon Coolpix L820 camera when taking images for my ancillary texts. I used this camera as I was comfortable with using it and knew what different settings on the camera could create better quality images. I also used this camera as it was easily accessible so it was possible to take my ancillary text images whenever I needed to. Although, the camera could produce some very high quality shots, sometimes I had to re take the shots making it uncomfortable for my talent to stay in the same position all the time. However, by using this camera it was possible to take lots of images with higher quality shots making me overall happy with how my images turned out. I also used my 16GB memory card to ensure that I could take as many images as i needed without the need to delete images or be afraid of not having enough memory to store the images on my camera.

To create the majority of my audience feedback videos and record small sections of video for my blog, I have used my iPad Mini because it was also accessible when i needed to film small videos and because it was possible for me to edit the small videos on the i-device using the iMovie programme allowing me to upload it straight away to the Blogger App after I had edited the videos so that they was small enough files to upload. I also used my iPad during the construction of my ancillary texts as I screenshot the iTunes album design so that it was possible for me to see what my product would look like in a real life setting.


Development Of My Ancillary Texts From Editing The Initial Images Used




















During the evaluation stages when gaining feedback I also used social networking sites such as Instagram and Twitter to gain comments on what people thought of my final promotional package. 
I used Twitter to upload my final promotional package and shared it via Instagram so that more of the target audience would see it. 


Although I do not have many followers I used popular hashtags to allow my target audience to find my images and music video ensuring that it reaches a greater target audience. By doing this I am appealing to my target audience who when researched seem to use social networking sites the most and will typically have Twitter/ Instagram. 



No comments:

Post a Comment